A satirical, insightful, and meticulously researched look at current events in the U.S. and around the globe, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver features Oliver’s hilarious and expertly honed perspective on today’s pressing political, social, and cultural issues, plus lesser-reported topics that inform and entertain. Shot in New York, Season 11 will continue to feature the show’s weekly topical insights, signature deep dives, and distinctive comedy pieces.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is produced for HBO by Avalon and Peyance Productions; executive producers, John Oliver, Tim Carvell, Liz Stanton, Jon Thoday, and James Taylor; director, Paul Pennolino.
- TrashJohn Oliver explores trash and takes care of some unfinished business in the Ohio of Sweden.
- Beach DollsJohn Oliver discusses a surplus of dolls which have been mysteriously washing up on the beach in Texas, and, crucially, how they can be destroyed.
- RocksJohn Oliver discusses Kandiss Taylor, a prominent loser in the race for governor of Georgia, and fierce anti-rock activist.
- Air BudJohn Oliver discusses rules, moral intention, and 1997's Air Bud.
- Da Vinci CodeJohn Oliver discusses The Da Vinci Code: the book, the film, and, for some reason, the cultural phenomenon.
- Snack Video GamesJohn Oliver explores the lost world of snack-sponsored video games, and pitches some ideas to today’s snack brands.
- Local Car Commercials UpdateJohn Oliver reveals the brave local car dealership that agreed to produce Last Week Tonight's commercial script, sight unseen.
- John DillermandJohn Oliver explains why a Danish children's cartoon resonates with him so much.
- OctopusesJohn Oliver explains why octopuses are cool, great, and yes, called "octopuses".
- CerealJohn Oliver explains why we need a fun new cereal, and makes a proposition for Cheerios.
- Lost Graphics Vol. 4John Oliver shares some of his favorite graphics that never made it to air.
Politics in Action
Feel like screaming into the void? Or joining a fake church? Last Week Tonight has all your needs in one place.