Based on the work of Erle Stanley Gardner, this drama series traces the origins of famed criminal defense lawyer Perry Mason (Matthew Rhys). The second season picks up with Perry in the throes of the Los Angeles legal system during the height of the Great Depression. Alongside crackerjack assistant Della Street (Juliet Rylance) and hardboiled ex-cop Paul Drake (Chris Chalk), the former PI garners a reputation for taking on clients that few would dare to defend. Months after the Dodson trial shook the city, Perry is readjusting to life as a civil attorney when a high-profile murder case brings him back into the fold. As the DA homes in on a pair of brothers from a desolate Hooverville, Perry is thrust into the center of a vast conspiracy and forced to reckon with what it truly means to be guilty.
Season 2: Behind the Scenes
- Eyewitness Account: Inside Season 2 (Part 3)The cast and crew discuss the real meaning behind the illusion of justice, the real life person who inspired Camilla’s character, Paul’s future beyond Perry Mason and Associates and more.
- Eyewitness Account: Inside Season 2 (Part 2)Matthew Rhys, Juliet Rylance, Chris Chalk, and more discuss Della's significant moment in the courtroom, Paul's moral compass, and the ongoing developments in Season 2.
- Eyewitness Account: Inside Season 2 (Part 1)The cast and crew explore what Perry, Della and Paul are navigating through in their personal lives since Season 1, the new characters we are introduced to in Season 2 and a big case that ignites a new fire in Perry.
- Invitation to the SetGet an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at what's coming for Perry and Associates in Season 2.
Scene of the Crime: Creating 1930s Los Angeles
The cast and crew reflect on the research and attention of detail that went into creating an authentic representation of the time period.
Season 1: Behind the Scenes
- Under The FedoraThe cast and creators of Perry Mason discuss how they took the legendary defense attorney character back to his gritty roots as a private investigator and recreated 1930s Los Angeles for a new kind of Perry Mason story.
- Meet The CharactersDive deeper into Perry Mason's rich world of characters with each of the main cast members and writers Ron Fitzgerald and Rolin Jones as they explore both the new and familiar personas in Season one.
- A Conversation With Robert Downey Jr. and Matthew RhysJoin Executive Producer Robert Downey Jr. and Perry Mason himself, Matthew Rhys, for an in-depth conversation about reinventing the character to create a whole new Perry Mason.
- The Craft: Kat GoodsonPost-Production Producer Kat Goodson takes us behind the scenes.
- The Craft: Mako KamitsunaPerry Mason editor Mako Kamitsuna discusses her journey into filmmaking.
- A Conversation with Susan Downey and Robert Downey Jr.Executive Producers Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey discuss Perry Mason’s journey from P.I. to lawyer and why no character will come out of Season one unchanged.