A search for a missing father turns into an otherworldly trip. Based on Matt Ruff's novel, this series follows Korean war vet Atticus Freeman, his friend Letitia and his Uncle George on a journey across 1950s Jim Crow America. What follows is a struggle to survive against the racist terrors of white America and the terrifying monsters ripped from an H.P. Lovecraft paperback.
Inside Lovecraft Country
- Meet the CharactersThe cast gives you the inside scoop on what Lovecraft Country is about and the characters they play in the show.
- Lovecraft Country at SDCCWatch the cast and crew discuss the drama at the first-ever virtual San Diego Comic-Con.
Learn More About the Craft
- Crafting Lovecraft CountryShowrunner and executive producer Misha Green, as well as the cast and crew, offer a behind-the-scenes look at how Lovecraft Country came to life, its impact on culture, and the historical references woven into the show.
- The Craft: Eric YamamotoStoryboard artist Eric Yamamoto works hand-in-hand with directors to make their vision come to life.
- The Craft: Carey JonesSPFX makeup supervisor Carey Jones always had a natural curiosity for the special effects makeup used in movies and TV shows.
- The Craft: JP JonesProp master JP Jones ensures he's keenly familiar with all of the show props so the actors feel comfortable using them on set.
- The Craft: Sonya Winton-Odamtten and Jonathan KiddExecutive producers Sonya Winton-Odamtten and Jonathan Kidd aim to infuse their educational backgrounds into Hollywood and explore worlds that are marginal.
- The Craft: Afua RichardsonComic book artist Afua Richardson reflects on creating the Orithyia Blue comics featured in the show.