NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: The HBO Insecure On Set Contest (“Contest”) presents a unique opportunity for two friends, looking for their big break in the entertainment industry, to enter for the opportunity to join the Insecure production team as full-time production assistants in Los Angeles, CA and/or the surrounding area from approximately September to October, 2019 (specific dates subject to change by Sponsor). In addition to compensation for work as a production assistant, each winner will also receive round-trip coach air transportation to Los Angeles/from winner’s home and a stipend to cover a portion of housing, living and transportation costs (as outlined below). All eligible entries received will be judged to determine 5 finalist pairs of friends (10 people total). Each finalist will have an interview with the judges, who will determine in their sole discretion, the two Grand Prize winners (the “Winners”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Both the Entrant and the Friend (as defined below) must be: (i) residents of one of the 50 United States or Washington, D.C.; (ii) at least 21 years of age as of date of entry; (iii) authorized to work in the United States; (iv) able to provide services on a full-time basis for up to approximately eight (8) weeks as a production assistant (with or without a reasonable accommodation). In addition, Entrant and Friend must not be a party to any agreement, whether written or oral, that would prevent them from providing services as production assistants to Insecure. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of the potential Winners. The potential Winners’ failure to either (i) authorize such background check or (ii) successfully complete the background check will automatically disqualify the potential Winners. Employees, officers and directors of Home Box Office, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Warner Media, LLC, 3 Arts Entertainment, Plane Meets Paper Productions, LLC (“Producer”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., the administrator of this contest, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must have a non-private Instagram account to be eligible to enter; i.e., entries must be visible in public hashtag searches from time of entry through time of winner verification. There is no purchase required to register for an Instagram account. Entrant must also have a valid email address, which will be used to verify the potential Winners.
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: From 11:00:00AM ET on 7/26/19 through 8:00:00PM ET on 8/9/19 (the “Contest Period”), publicly share a video of you (“Entrant”) and a friend (“Friend”) explaining why you would each be an asset to the Insecure production team as an on set production assistant, along with the hashtag #InsecureOnSetContest and mention @InsecureHBO (Entrant’s/Friend’s "Submission" or “Entry”).
Video must depict Entrant and Friend. All Entries must comply with the Submission Guidelines outlined in Rule #4 and failure to do so may result in the Submission not being considered. If a video exceeds thirty (30) seconds in length, only the first 30 seconds will be judged. Limit one Entry per person (regardless if you are the Entrant or the Friend). If you are entered as a Friend in one Entry, you may not also enter as an Entrant in another Entry (and if you are an Entrant in one Entry, you may not also be entered as a Friend in another Entry). A person may only use one Instagram account to enter as an Entrant or a Friend. By participating in this Contest, Entrant and Friend agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
· The Submission must not prominently depict any identifiable person other than Entrant and Friend. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to blur/black any other identifiable persons that appear, but if Sponsor does not do so, the Entry may be disqualified.
· The Submission cannot contain/display any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or prominent commercial/corporate advertising other than Sponsor’s (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans). Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to blur/black out the unacceptable logos, brand names and slogans that appear in Submission, but if Sponsor does not do so, the Entry may be disqualified.
· Submission may include HBO brand names and/or trademarks; the use of HBO brand names and/or trademarks is permitted only for the purpose of entering in this Contest. The use of HBO brand names and/or trademarks is not required.
· The Submission must not prominently depict the names, likenesses, voices of any celebrities (other than the cast of Insecure).
· The Submission must not contain derogatory statements (including words or symbols).
· The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate or promote violation of applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations or violate or infringe the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, those concerning copyright, plagiarism, trademark, publicity/privacy rights and defamation.
· Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others.
· Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations, including those associated with Sponsor.
· Submission must not include any personally identifiable information (e.g., email address, mailing address, etc.) of any person(s) other than Entrant or Friend.
· Submission must not refer, depict or in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest, or any other person or entity.
· Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum and be consistent with the theme and image of the Contest.
· Submission must not promote irresponsible or excessive consumption of alcohol; promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any particular political agenda or message.
· Entrant must receive prior written permission from the videographer of the video if the video Submission was recorded by someone other than the Entrant/Friend him/herself that allows Entrant to grant the rights set forth in the Official Rules. Entrant must make written copies of such permission available to the Sponsor upon request.
· By entering, Entrant and Friend certify that their Submission is their own original work and they collectively hold all rights/permissions to the Submission and that they have followed and complied with the Official Rules of the Contest.
5. TERMS OF SUBMISSION: Entrant must have all rights, approvals and/or consents necessary to submit his/her video on the terms provided and Entrant/Friend represent and warrant that such video does not violate these Official Rules, or the rights of any other person or entity or any law.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By creating and submitting an Entry, Entrant/Friend grant to Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns, affiliates and partners an exclusive, irrevocable right and license (but not the obligation) to use, alter and/or edit the Submission, as well as Entrant’s/Friend’s name, likeness, voice, on-camera performance, and/or Instagram handles, in whole or in part, in any manner including without limitation future advertising, promotion and publicity in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity (including without limitation digital media, including social media, and broadcast media), without notice, approval or other consideration to Entrant/Friend or any third party unless prohibited by law. Entrant/Friend agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, licensees, successors and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees and Instagram (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred as a result of any Entry submitted to the Contest in violation of these terms or any rights granted herein.
Be aware that Submissions may not be acknowledged and will not be received or held "in confidence" and Submissions do not create a confidential, fiduciary or other special relationship between Entrant/Friend and Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates or any of their respective licensees, successors or assigns or place Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates, licensees, successors or assigns in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of your Submission. Entrant/Friend acknowledge and agree that Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates or any of their respective licensees, successors or assigns may create their own materials and/or obtain many videos under this Contest and that such videos may be similar or identical in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects to Entrant’s/Friend’s Submission and Entrant/Friend waive any and all claims they may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future that any other videos accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Contest or any Released Parties may be similar to Entrant’s/Friend’s Entry. Entrant/Friend acknowledge and agree that none of the Released Parties has now, or shall have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright or any other rights in and to Entrant’s/Friend’s Entry, and that the Released Parties are not responsible for the loss, deletion, accessibility, failure to collect or store any video submitted to or transmitted through Instagram.
7. JUDGING/WINNER DETERMINATION: All eligible Entries received will be judged beginning on or about 8/12/19 by Sponsor and/or its agencies, to determine five (5) Finalist Entrants/Friends (10 finalists total; each such person a “Finalist”). Judging will be based on the following criteria: (i) Passion for the job of Production Assistant on the set of Insecure (40%); (ii) Originality and Creativity (30%); and (iii) Filmmaking Knowledge (30%) (i, ii, and iii collectively, “Judging Criteria”). In the event of a tie among Entries, the tied Entries will be rejudged based on criterion (i) to determine Finalists. Finalists will be contacted by @InsecureHBO via Instagram Direct Message (“DM”), beginning on or about 8/19/19. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to contact each Finalist Entrant/Friend pair via DM to the Instagram account from which their Entry was made. Each Finalist will be required to respond to DM in accordance with the instructions provided within three (3) days from the time the initial DM was sent or Finalist Entrant/Friend pair will be disqualified. Each Finalist may be required to complete and return a Scheduling Questionnaire for use in scheduling an interview between Sponsor/judges and Finalist. Scheduling Questionnaires, if administered, must be completed and returned within three (3) days of attempted delivery in order to be considered a Finalist. All details of the interview are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Finalist will be interviewed on a date/time determined by Sponsor to demonstrate their interest, passion and qualifications for the Production Assistant job on the set of Insecure. Interviews may be recorded and judged by Sponsor-selected judges in accordance with the Judging Criteria indicated above as well as each Finalist’s overall qualifications for the Job Opportunity. Sponsor and/or Producer will then determine the two (2) potential Winners based on the Judging Criteria and the results of the interviews. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) select two (2) Entrants as Finalists and/or Winners (without their Friends), (ii) select two (2) Friends as Finalists and/or Winners (without their Entrants), or (iii) select an Entrant and Friend from different Entries as Finalists and/or Winners. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries, Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Winners. The use of an Entry by Sponsor does not have any effect on the judging process. Limit 1 prize per person. Sponsor will evaluate Submissions without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics of the Entrant and Friend, and complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
8. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): (2) Grand Prizes (one (1) for each Winner) - Opportunity to be a full-time HBO production assistant for up to approximately eight (8) weeks on the production of Insecure (“Job Opportunity”). Job Opportunity is subject to each Winner: (i) completing and executing customary start paperwork, (ii) performing customary responsibilities of a production assistant to the full satisfaction of Insecure, and (iii) abiding by all policies, procedures and rules of Producer. A Winner’s failure to meet all of these requirements may result in the termination of the Job Opportunity, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Producer and/or Sponsor have the right to end the Job Opportunity at any time for any reason, and each Winner has the right to end the Job Opportunity at any time for any reason. Winners will also each receive roundtrip coach air transportation from major airport nearest Winners’ homes as determined by Sponsor, and $1,500 per week per Winner for the duration of the Job Opportunity (for a total amount of $12,000) as a stipend to cover a portion of each Winner’s housing and transportation costs and living expenses (the “Stipend Amount”), awarded as detailed below (Total Prize ARV: $12,750 per prize; there is no retail value associated with the Job Opportunity portion of prize). The Stipend Amount will be paid on a monthly basis and will be fulfilled by mail prior to each month of the Job Opportunity. If a Winner resides within a 200-mile radius of Los Angeles, California, such Winner will receive a $500 travel stipend in lieu of the air transportation. All details of the Job Opportunity and job duties related to the Job Opportunity will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion and Winners must agree to abide by all rules/conditions related to such Job Opportunity/job. Winners will be solely responsible for all expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to, temporary housing and transportation. Other restrictions may apply. The actual retail value of the prize will depend on Winner's point of departure/return and dates of travel. Prizes consist only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize. In the event that a Winner voluntarily ends the Job Opportunity early, such Winner will not receive return air transportation and any outstanding portion of the Stipend Amount will not be awarded.
9. GENERAL RULES: Potential Winners will be contacted via email and will be required to complete and return, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release and Assignment of Rights within five (5) days of notification. All federal, state and local taxes (including without limitation all taxes on the Stipend Amount and the value of the airfare) are the sole responsibility of each Winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any Sponsor approved changes to confirmed travel itinerary, made at Winner's request, may result in rebooking fees which will be the sole responsibility of Winner. Winners must travel on dates specified by Sponsor, which are subject to change (and all components of job must be used during timeframe specified by Sponsor) or prize will be forfeited. All travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to departure. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion of prize) for one of equal or greater value. No substitution or transfer of prize by Winners permitted. By entering, Entrant/Friend grant to Sponsor the right to use all information submitted for purposes of advertising, publicity, marketing and other communications, worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of Entry. Sponsor not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected mail/e-mail/DMs/messages or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor not responsible for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT AND/OR FRIEND TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant/Friend attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple Instagram accounts, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant/Friend will be declared null and void. Any suspected use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Contest may be cancelled, modified, terminated or suspended if Instagram changes their functionality and/or terms during the course of the Contest so as to interfere with Sponsor's intended conduct of this Contest or if Instagram or any Contest website becomes infected by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside control of Sponsor which impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry process or harasses any Sponsor representative or any Entrant/Friend and to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Contest. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted at www.insecureonset.com and Finalists/Winners will be determined, in accordance with Rule #7, from among all eligible Entries received prior to the time of termination. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, Entrants/Friends agree to hold Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in this Contest or use/misuse of prize, including without limitation any claims for personal injury (including death) or property damage and any claims for infringement of any intellectual property, privacy and/or publicity rights or any other personal, proprietary or other rights. Entrants/Friends assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. Entries are the views/opinions of individual Entrants/Friends and do not reflect the views of Sponsor in any manner. Sponsor not responsible for typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
10. SPONSOR: Home Box Office, Inc., 30 Hudson Yards, NY, NY 10001.
12. WINNERS: To receive the names of Winners by email, send an email to: WinnersHBO@donjagoda.com with WINNERS 2605-36 as the subject line. Requests must be received by 9/20/19. Winners’ names will be sent after the Winners have been verified.
© 2019 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, Cinemax® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.