Five Things You Can Do To Enhance Your Recovery Odds
FIVE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO ENHANCE YOUR RECOVERY ODDS
- 1. Don't use-no matter what!
- 2. Choose a treatment program that offers a rich menu of continuing care services and actively utilize these supports.
- 3. Find a recovery support group and stay actively involved. (Make meetings a priority, get a sponsor, build a sober social network, and apply recovery program principles to problems of daily living.) Involve your family members in recovery support groups and activities.
- 4. If you do not have a living environment supportive of recovery, investigate the growing network of recovery homes.
- 5. Become an expert on your own recovery and take responsibility for it.