Inpatient or Outpatient? How to Find and Evaluate Adolescent Treatment
FIVE QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT TREATMENT FOR TEENS
- 1. What standardized, scientifically-based tests will you use to help identify what my child needs? Are
your staff trained and formally certified in conducting these tests?
- 2. What scientifically proven approaches to treatment do you typically use to care for adolescents? Do
you have any publications or statistics that have shown it works? Are your staff certified to provide
this kind of care?
- 3. What levels of care do you have? What percent of the kids in your program go to each level? Are
continuing care or recovery support services available to my child and family after the initial episode
of treatment? What percentage of your kids participate in such services?
- 4. What psychiatric services do you have available on site in the program? Through referral?
- 5. How much does this cost? Do you have a sliding scale? Do you have grants?