Treating Opiate Addiction With Replacement Therapy
FIVE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR REPLACEMENT THERAPY DOCTOR
- 1. What are the risk and benefits to me of methadone and buprenorphine and how will you know if one
of these medications is the best one for me?
- 2. What are your program rules for continuation in treatment if I should relapse or be unable to stop my
- 3. Will I have input into my treatment plan that addresses my needs as an individual?
- 4. What happens if I become unable to pay for treatment?
- 5. Do you have referral relationships with specialty care providers if I need treatment for HIV, Hepatitis C
or become pregnant?